Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Recently my 2005 chevy colorado has been experiencing a strange issue with the doors locking randomly and repeatedly on their own while I'm driving. My key fob doesn't appear to be the issue since it's hanging after my keys and not being accidentally triggered in my pocket or something. The doors lock and unlock fine using the key fob and when I place the car in and out of Park. The doors seem to randomly lock while driving and after I depress the brake. Also, the "DOOR" message appears on the display behind the steering wheel for a split second and disappears after. I assume it's some BCM issue or the door jamb switch that is faulty making the car think the door is open causing the auto-lock to go off repeatedly. Does anyone have any experience with an issue like this? I don't mind buying some replacement door switches to see if it fixes the issue, but how do I know which side to change? I don't have a machine that can read BCM data. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
False alarm, it ended up being that the rubber cap of the rear passenger door jamb switch was partially removed and was obstructing the switch from working properly. I'll keep this post up in case it helps someone in the future (inspect all your door switches!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts