Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just order headers. Do they come with seal? and what is the dimensions of the second pipe where you connect it to the exhaust? any other input or tips are welcomed!

·
Registered
14 Posts
No seals included, not sure of the exact size but its meant to fit your original exhaust. Easiest installed from the bottom so if you have access to a lift make good use of it. Oh and don't use the band clamps that come with them, there terrible

·
Registered
112 Posts
Its 2.5" tubing and I personally trust remflex gaskets more than anything else they made me a believer on my buddies trans am. His car had the furthest forward and furthest rear header bolts snapped off in the head and he didn't wanna pull the heads at the time so we tried every gasket we could but they all leaked and then he found remflex gaskets website and ordered a set... Sealed perfect you'd never even know the bolts weren't there and they're still sealed to this day 3 years later.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help. is the wiring for the o2 sensor long enough or will I need to extend it? and the header will throw a code right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
No problem at all mine haven't arrived yet but my understanding is the o2 sensor wires are long enough and since these headers delete the converters you'll have a check engine light the only way to get it turned off is by having a tuner do it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wire being long enough is good to hear, I suck at wiring. I'm also waiting on fake cats to come in, stupid emissions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What company did you order yours through?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
summit racing, they don't ship till the 27th. the waiting sucks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe they fit all models, just have to massage them a little.

·
Registered
4 Posts
summit racing, they don't ship till the 27th. the waiting sucks
I was looking at ordering from there also but they are saying they won't ship Internationally until April 1... :ugh:

I have been looking at the ones from OTTP also and being in Central Ontario the Stainless Steel ones may be a better fit quality wise for wear and tear.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if it helps the doug Thorley are ceramic coated

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
i ordered mine a while back straight from them ,, and got a good discount too,,, the 02 sensor wires are long enough and you don't have to massage them in unless you have a
z71

·
Registered
112 Posts
I talked to doug thorley today and they said all the colorado headers came back from coating friday and are being shipped tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yep. I called about mine yesterday and they said they would be going out today! Woot!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was told my delivery date is going to the 2nd, but I did get my cat-less cats today.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
my Doug headers are coming next week, got a pair of walker turbo muffs and
all the tubing to do a dual exh

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine will be here tomorrow as long as fedex doesn't get off schedule. Your cats look great I've been doing some cutting and measuring on my exhaust tubing waiting for the time to pass by. I also test fitted my roll pan to help me decide on how I'm gonna have the exhaust exit. Sorry about the mess in my garage by the way lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I hope to put mine thru the roll pan, on the right, side by side. i have 2
SS tips, round 3 1/2" dia. sorta like a Trail Blazer SS. will have my cat back
duals for sale then.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
That looks good the way it is but I guess it will be like a 04 gto exhaust but on the opposite side when your done. I had thought about running a magnaflow rolled edge single in dual out tips on each side and doing some trimming on the roll pan to give it the pontiac g8 look but I think I might just do turn downs behind the roll pan and see how I like it. My magnaflow tru x was dumped under the cab before so I'd imagine anyway I do will be quieter inside than what it was before.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts