Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother is trying to get rid of some drag slicks and i was wonderin if there is a wheel to fit a 315 45 16 tire?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
You'd just need something like a 16x10", you're not going to find anything that will tuck under the fender with that wide of tire but you can make it so it won't stick out too horribly. Most of the 16" wheels the offroad guys are using are available in wider versions, I'd look into those.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eh oh well he loaded them in the back of the truck for the dumpster. are their any slick that could fit the stock colorado wheels?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
if anyone wants a set of 4 used slicks i've got them and they fit the stock ZQ8 wheels (17's) sell super cheap.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I'm pretty sure Zach had 275/40/17 Toyo RA1's.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
why would you use slicks for autocross? wouldn't you want some low profile tires with good traction?
You wouldn't want to use any kind of a drag oriented tire for autocross. I've seen some people get away with running a lower profile drag radial on the back for certain competitions, but it's still not optimal. If he's talking about running his Z71 I'd be surprised if they even let him on the course.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I dont remember really I saw them in my storage yesterday...

The toyo RA-1 sounds right and they are a pretty low profile if anyone is actually interested I can go take pics and get all the info.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
You wouldn't want to use any kind of a drag oriented tire for autocross. I've seen some people get away with running a lower profile drag radial on the back for certain competitions, but it's still not optimal. If he's talking about running his Z71 I'd be surprised if they even let him on the course.
yea,...right...idk.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I dont remember really I saw them in my storage yesterday...

The toyo RA-1 sounds right and they are a pretty low profile if anyone is actually interested I can go take pics and get all the info.
yeah, if you could get more info i may be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts