Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of upgrading to drilled slotted rotors. If I do what are the pros and cons to doing this, and are they a certain brake pad I need to install to get the use out of my rotors??? Discuss please!!! Sorry if this has already been brought up.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting to scratch at it.....

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
EBC yellow stuff pads.

Great cold and hot, never experienced fade of any sort.

Only downfall, they throw off some dust.......but I wash my truck often enough

·
Banned
637 Posts
I have Wagner Thermoquiet's and love them I had EBC's on my last car and went from them to the Wagner's and absolutely love them. Got a lifetime warranty at my local parts store so for 60 bucks I'll never buy pads again and can put news ones on anytime I want to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have Wagner Thermoquiet's and love them I had EBC's on my last car and went from them to the Wagner's and absolutely love them. Got a lifetime warranty at my local parts store so for 60 bucks I'll never buy pads again and can put news ones on anytime I want to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yep also a good brand. I use to have them on mine before I upgraded to 09 calipers. The wagners carry a lifetime warranty for the time you own the truck so you can't really beat them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Check out R1 Concepts, i got a set of there drilled/slotted rotors for the front
of my truck there. they carry a lot of diff rotors and pads.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Another option is dimpled rotors instead of drilled. They will also remove the gasses that build up from heavy braking like drilled but won't develop stress cracks liked drilled do sometimes. I got mine from here Brake Rotors Brake Discs Drilled Slotted Rotors as for pads there are a lot of choices and opinions. There is brand and material differences. I'm sure some one will come back and say I'm wrong but most everybody has one. I used semi metallic pads. Ceramic will produce less brake dust but semi metallic will stop better. So research it yourself and make your own choice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Drilled rotors tend to crack, I won't buy em.
Slotted rotors I've had a couple different sets now... skip the ATE (star like pattern)
I've had both semi metallic and ceramics... the ceramics will out perform the metallics but take more force during the first couple stops to warm them up.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
I have "HAWK" carbon break pads and I give them a :thumbup:
I have about 50,000 miles on my "BEAR" slotted and cross drilled rotors. No issues at all. :shrug: They came with a 50,000 mile warranty. I bought them at www.stylintrucks.com

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
WTF is this price-peep $hit that keeps popping up on all these websites?
I'm going NAPA direct with my employee discount...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts