Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my DIC on my 05 canyon crew cab doesnt seem to be working right.to my understanding it supposed to tell you your gas mileage,oil life,etc.. but mine only shows the mileage,when the key is in the acc. possition then it will tell me "oil life reset" so i dont know whats going on. any info would be nice

·
Registered
193 Posts
my DIC on my 05 canyon crew cab doesnt seem to be working right.to my understanding it supposed to tell you your gas mileage,oil life,etc.. but mine only shows the mileage,when the key is in the acc. possition then it will tell me "oil life reset" so i dont know whats going on. any info would be nice
mine has never showed gas mileage!!! dont think they had it i 05

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea mine never had gas mileage but it will tell you when your low. and the oil life never works. in 36,500 miles mine has never said anything about oil

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
It doesn't show gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeah, the DIC functionality in our truck is pretty minimal... Apart from mileage and the tripmeter it will tell you if the doors are open while in drive, if you leave the blinker on, ABS faults, oil life, tire pressure in the 07+ and thats all I can really think of. If you look in the manual it will tell you how to change how the auto door locks and stuff work and how to reset the oil life but thats it.

I wish it was something more functional like what the upper level trucks and the GTO have..

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
So you have a broke "DIC" that sucks.....hahaha

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Yeah, the DIC functionality in our truck is pretty minimal... Apart from mileage and the tripmeter it will tell you if the doors are open while in drive, if you leave the blinker on, ABS faults, oil life, tire pressure in the 07+ and thats all I can really think of. If you look in the manual it will tell you how to change how the auto door locks and stuff work and how to reset the oil life but thats it.

I wish it was something more functional like what the upper level trucks and the GTO have..
The TPMS system fucking blows. mine goes crazy every now and then, real sporadic like, and other times it's fine. i emailed GM about it yesterday, we'll see if i get a reply.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh it doesnt show mpg likely and you have to reset your oil life system. its a joke and doesnt work btw lol

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
wish it had MPG

every vehicle should have a instant MPG gauge...it would help people improve their own mpg based on driving habbits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts