Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a wiring diagram for the 2007 with manual seats. I took the seats out to put an amp and some speakers in, and I cannot remember the correct placement of the wires. It is strange, because the passenger seat has a male/ female clip, but the driver side has four wires that just plug into this plastic piece. I plugged them all up, and I am getting an airbag light in the dash. I have searched the Internet and the Haynes manual for this without success.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
I need a wiring diagram for the 2007 with manual seats. I took the seats out to put an amp and some speakers in, and I cannot remember the correct placement of the wires. It is strange, because the passenger seat has a male/ female clip, but the driver side has four wires that just plug into this plastic piece. I plugged them all up, and I am getting an airbag light in the dash. I have searched the Internet and the Haynes manual for this without success.

let me know about this. if this is what you need

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry about the late reply, school and work had been piling up. Here are some pictures from under the drivers seat. Keep in mind that this truck is the base model, no heated seats or electric seats, just the stock 60/40 bench seat. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383761382.623198.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383761393.722561.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383761407.307497.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383761422.672428.jpg
The brown and black wires on the right have a white stripe.

Any help is appreciated.

Travis

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not been able to find anything. I have an airbag indicator in the dash. This is under the driver seat.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Need more clues. Where does the wire with the connector on it go and where does the other wire go to. Why did you have to disconnect the wires? Was the connector attached to the seat?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need more clues. Where does the wire with the connector on it go and where does the other wire go to. Why did you have to disconnect the wires? Was the connector attached to the seat?
The wires come from an opening in the carpet by the driver side door. I believe these are wires for the seat belt and airbag? The wires were disconnected when my amp was installed. The connector is attached to the seat in the middle.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Okay, thanks. Like jdmalone, I haven't yet seen a 4 pin connector in the wiring diagrams. The SIR (airbag) system should be the only wiring on non-powered seats. Let me take these clues and go look some more.

Edit: I found one connector, but the wire colors don't seem to match up. Also it is an inline connector which has two halves, one with the male pins and one with the female pins. Is there a reason that you pulled the pins on that connector instead of just disconnecting the halves? In the pictures that you posted, it appears that the white/light grey piece is a CPA clip that locks connectors together. They are used throughout the SIR (airbag) system as well as some engine circuits. I'll check some more diagrams to see if I can get some color matchup for the wires.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Okay, let me give you what I have so far. According to the diagram that I have, it goes like this:
The connector that has the wires.
Pin A Black w/White stripe
Pin B Black w/White stripe
Pin C Lt Green
Pin D Black
If that checks out, the other wires with just pins.
Black w/White stripe to Pin A
Brown w/White stripe to Pin B
Lt Green to Pin C
Tan to Pin D

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, let me give you what I have so far. According to the diagram that I have, it goes like this:
The connector that has the wires.
Pin A Black w/White stripe
Pin B Black w/White stripe
Pin C Lt Green
Pin D Black
If that checks out, the other wires with just pins.
Black w/White stripe to Pin A
Brown w/White stripe to Pin B
Lt Green to Pin C
Tan to Pin D

Hope this helps.
Thank you! I will try this tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. I'm currently out of town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts