Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's of the time when I roll my drivers side window down when I let off the button the window stops as it should however when I try to go back up or down nothing if I take the palm of my hand and hit the top of the window it rolls down or up. What is the issue ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
garage door spray lubricant...

GIT YOU SOME!!!

put it on after you clean the channels and you shouldn't have that problem again.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I don't think that there is any place to externally lubricate the mechanism. It wouldn't be a good idea to put any lubricant in the channels, as that would certainly attract even more dirt.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just went thru my passengers window doing that. Mine was a dirty window motor commentator. I had to pull the window regulator and motor to find which motor I had so I went ahead and disassembled the motor and cleaned the blackened grease off the armature regreased the bushing and reassembled. Works GREAT. I had not had luck with small electric motor overhauls before. These are pretty easy.
Be carefully working with the regulator as they will take a finger off when you remove the motor off the reg. Look under replacing a window regulator for a how to. I will look too.
Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts