Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine ultimately wasn't battery, but a Messed up ALDL connection at my HP Tuners interface causing a short at the jack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so I tried all the tricks.....capacitor, battery thing, disconnecting all of pretty much everything over a period of a couple weeks. Then I just said F it and bought the switch. $26 bucks and it's been working fine for weeks and on the first shot.

2004 Z71 LS extended cab with annoying electrical issues always. 125K miles

·
Registered
380 Posts
so I tried all the tricks.....capacitor, battery thing, disconnecting all of pretty much everything over a period of a couple weeks. Then I just said F it and bought the switch. $26 bucks and it's been working fine for weeks and on the first shot.

2004 Z71 LS extended cab with annoying electrical issues always. 125K miles

Fixed mine by replacing the smaller relay inside the circuit board. Relay was like $1.50 but Mouser charged 8 bucks to ship. So for under $10 if you have some soldering skills you can get this fixed permanently.

RLY3 shown removed to the right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Colorado, and after installing tweeters with my system, having issues. From driver side panel I can only roll down my window and enable the child lock. That is it. The dealer replaced the module for me and still same issue. Check all wires and nothing is grounded or shorting out. Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
MS,
Welcome to the 355 Nation from Houston, Texas. Tons of information contained within this web site.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I have a 2018 Colorado, and after installing tweeters with my system, having issues. From driver side panel I can only roll down my window and enable the child lock. That is it. The dealer replaced the module for me and still same issue. Check all wires and nothing is grounded or shorting out. Any ideas??
If you haven't already done so, check in over at coloradofans.com. Most of the second generation Owner's hang out there and you will find more info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all - you will see all sort of tricks about dissipating the stored electricity in the circuit board. IF THAT DOES NOT work, 99% of the time the answer is to buy a new switch. I did just that (cost about $25 with tax and free shipping from amazon) and my window and locks work now. No issues.

Cheers - csw

81 - 87 of 87 Posts