Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to ditch the 2 piece driveshaft

found this part number for a 1 piece

does anyone know if i cut my cross member if it will work for me?????

or is it going to be too long or short for my application needs?

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Idk about the one you've got the number for but I was talking to Undead earlier and he has one out of a mid-90s Suburban in his truck and it works great with all the lift he's running. What lift you have in the rear?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running 5 inch CST's with 2 inch coils but switch to CST's with FOA's and 4 inch skyjacker rear on stock shackles but i have 2 inch shackles i could use as well

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the number i found seems to be the one to fit a canyon colorado but i don't know what exact set ups it fits

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Quick search on the one you provided yields me a 2wd Single Cab Colly/Canyon 111.2" Wheelbase 1 piece shaft. You've got 4 inches Skyjacker for the rear? I'm guessing spring packs along with AAL?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick search on the one you provided yields me a 2wd Single Cab Colly/Canyon 111.2" Wheelbase 1 piece shaft. You've got 4 inches Skyjacker for the rear? I'm guessing spring packs along with AAL?
no the actual 4 inch lift pack

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Is that one piece an aluminum or steel shaft? I would like to switch to an aluminum driveshaft but it still seems the jury is out on what trucks came with them or not.

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
Dam I never realized they lifted that much. I have the same ones I thought they were just 2.5". My bad
Well, they are for the 4" kit, but I don't necessarily know that they will net 4" lift... I thought i've heard it's generally like 2.5" or something....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
To know if you need to cut the crossmember, jack the truck up with the rear tires off the ground. Remove old driveshaft. Then tape a string to the trans tail shaft or have someone hold it and run it to the diff. Do you have a driveline shop near you? It only cost me $100 to have mine redone when I soa my truck. I'd take them both shafts and have them cut the ends off for the trans and diff and make you a 1 piece. Just measure the full droop and then put a ATV of something in the bed and measure again. Find the difference and make a driveshaft with a happy medium where the slip yoke can travel.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
To know if you need to cut the crossmember, jack the truck up with the rear tires off the ground. Remove old driveshaft. Then tape a string to the trans tail shaft or have someone hold it and run it to the diff. Do you have a driveline shop near you? It only cost me $100 to have mine redone when I soa my truck. I'd take them both shafts and have them cut the ends off for the trans and diff and make you a 1 piece. Just measure the full droop and then put a ATV of something in the bed and measure again. Find the difference and make a driveshaft with a happy medium where the slip yoke can travel.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what would i use if i don't have an ATV?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Just something heavy. It's just to get the springs to compress alittle. Hell 5-6 guys in the bed should give you enough weight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts