Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my DRL/turn signal bulbs have been acting really weird, mainly the left one. It will light with the headlights on, but not as a DRL in the brighter mode. This also obviously causes it not to blink.

When I take the socket out of the signal housing and wiggle the bulb sometimes it will work fine again. Other times it won't do anything.

And then I think something is getting to hot where the bulb goes into the socket because it looks like it's melting in there a little.

Any ideas? When it first happened I replaced all of the bulbs thinking that might help, and it did....for about a month. Now I'm having the same problems again.

This happened with both the stock bulbs and aftermarket replacement ones I got at Autozone.

I've also noticed that they are really hard to take out now for some reason.

Could I be putting them in wrong? I had them look it up at Autozone and they are the correct bulb numbers.

And help would be appreciated, thanks! :355:

Best part about it is my truck was in the shop just before it hit 36,000 miles and I told them to check on it and fix it, but of course they were working fine that day and now I'm outside of the warranty window and they're acting up again! :dawg:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just had that happen dude, took the truck in Saturday. My worksheet says they replaced the entire socket, hope that helps. :hs:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea on the price or explanation of why it happened??

·
Registered
24 Posts
eh, it was under warranty, and unfortunately, no...just a "replaced driver's side lamp socket." :shrug:

Sorry guy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, thanks for at least letting me know I'm not the only one :)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Its the socket. Replace it yourself if you got some really tiny pocket screwdrivers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much is a replacement socket??
Funny you should ask, I just got a voice mail from my buddy who is the parts manager at a big Chevy dealer near me.

If I heard him correctly, and he might be giving me a really good price on it, but I think he said they're only $5! :click:

·
Registered
297 Posts
shit i had this problem on my truck for over a year already and I still didn't get it fixed.

so i went to the dealer to get the socket and they said I have to buy the whole drl assembly? is that correct? I was like fuck that I just want the socket.

can anybody help me get the part number for the socket so I can replace it myself?

also for the foglights socket part number.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
can't u get the socket at autozone or just an autoparts store.. i know pep boys by me has the socket for the fogs

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
What kinda bulb is our turn signals again? Not the inner one but the outer one.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Oh rite. I just got all confused with the whole Silverstar thingy about shaving off a 3057 tabs... NM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts