Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i want to go ahead and slam my brand new truck. i was thinking about doing a 5-5 drop (because i like the front down ass up look. i was going to get the 2" balljoints, 3" springs, 2" blocks, and 3" leafs. i am also going to get some pipe and weld it into the frame so the axle will have more clearance. and i am going to be running jaagruti J75 wheels (20x8.5) with +38mm of backspacing. the wheels are already ordered, so i can't really change my mind there. so, my questions are: will i have to cut out my fenderwells? what size is the rear axle? and what kind of problems would i look forward to encountering? any help or advice would be awesome.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Does anyone make 3" front springs for our trucks? Pretty much everyone has said that the 3" Belltech leaf springs for the rear give more than a 3" drop, it seems to vary somewhere in between 3-4" so you may end up with a little more than 5" in the rear.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Western Chassis makes 3" drop coils, but they settle a lot.

I don't know which way would be best to go for the front: either balljoints and coil/coilover combo or control arms and coils/coilover combo. You have to think about how much adjustment will be left in your tie-rods to get your alignment straight again.

Brewer would be the man to get this all straighted out.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Not everybody wants a bagged truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try the 3" djm drop arms and a 1" belltech spring...then the 3" leafs and a 2" block. That'll probably get you closer to what you want...compensate for chevy lean too. :lol:

I just bought the 1" belltech springs, they're a nice product.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Greg Im about as low as you can go before you have to start cutting the front fender wells out. Im maxed out on my tie rods and I need to c-notch the rear if I want to go any lower. I only rubbed the inner fender wells twice since I went this low.

·
Registered
845 Posts
hey brewer what do you recommend for a xtreme? it doesnt seem like i can tuck tire b/c the outside part of the tire is alined w/ the fender. btw i would like to go as low as possible.

:D

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try the 3" djm drop arms and a 1" belltech spring...then the 3" leafs and a 2" block. That'll probably get you closer to what you want...compensate for chevy lean too. :lol:

I just bought the 1" belltech springs, they're a nice product.
i thought you had to have the torsion bars or like Z71 suspension to use the control arms?

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greg Im about as low as you can go before you have to start cutting the front fender wells out. Im maxed out on my tie rods and I need to c-notch the rear if I want to go any lower. I only rubbed the inner fender wells twice since I went this low.
how low did you go?

i went back to Stylin' Concepts website and realized that i'm actually retarded, and Belltech does not have 3 inch springs. so, with that said, it looks like my setup will be: 2" balljoints, 2" springs, 3" leafs and 1" blocks.
does anybody make spindles for colorado's? if not, why not? i haven't pulled the wheels off the truck so probably be like "oh yea, that's why!" when i do.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
what the hell is wrong with stylin concepts then? LOOK...
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&selected_prod_ids=3333
it says "will not work with coil springs!" is that a typeo or what?
Weird.

I don't know what's up with their description, but they're meant for the Z85's.

I haven't heard of anyone lowering a Z71 with control arms.

Check out DJM's webiste and you'll see.

Not only that, but off the top of my head, MC and Brewer are both dropped with control arms.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Weird.

I don't know what's up with their description, but they're meant for the Z85's.

I haven't heard of anyone lowering a Z71 with control arms.

Check out DJM's webiste and you'll see.

Not only that, but off the top of my head, MC and Brewer are both dropped with control arms.
will do. thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts