1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what do you guys think of this combo.

2” Drop Ball Joints Part# 2103

3” Lowering Blocks W/ U-Bolts Part# 6210

will this give me a level ride and not rub shit. Also is there anything else you guys would recommend dropping the front with.

maybe this. Drop Front Shock 0"/-1"/-2" Part# 25005

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT WILL DROP IT THE SAME.....only uors will look lower because of the flares...you bastage :lol:
i'll sell you the flairs for $17k and i'll throw in the rest of the truck for free. hahaha not really....

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
It'll look lower because you have the body kit. The ride won't be bad at 1st, but you will rub. Then you'll rub more and more over time. The back will ride decent, but no cadillac. There'll be some axle-frame contact every now and then. Overall, you'll be suprised by how decent the ride is. It's not going to beat the shit out of you or anything like that. But over time, you may get tired of it, probably around the time where your stock shocks give out! LOL

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It'll look lower because you have the body kit. The ride won't be bad at 1st, but you will rub. Then you'll rub more and more over time. The back will ride decent, but no cadillac. There'll be some axle-frame contact every now and then. Overall, you'll be suprised by how decent the ride is. It's not going to beat the shit out of you or anything like that. But over time, you may get tired of it, probably around the time where your stock shocks give out! LOL
hahaha thanks i'll keep all that in mind:high5:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Same set up I have....although I do believe on the extremes you will rub the fender flare in the front ever so slightly....

Ride is decent.....but like josh said....when the shocks give out...you will know.

J

·
0 Posts
when i done my drop i found out i had had a busted shock on my front :shrug: i hadn't even noticed the difference with it busted than before. but it was replaced :355: now i can tell the difference. i think mine was a defect, cause it had rode the same for as long as i could remember, and when the new(well new shock, it was a stock shock lol), andi could tell the ride was difference. it was pullin bad bad BAD to the left and with the new shock nothin whatsoever :355: but anyway about your truck INTIMID8R man it should be an okay drop. my truck rubbed the swaybar before the drop soi can't imagine now :eek: lol. but w/e setup you do make sure and post up so we can see progress :)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when i done my drop i found out i had had a busted shock on my front :shrug: i hadn't even noticed the difference with it busted than before. but it was replaced :355: now i can tell the difference. i think mine was a defect, cause it had rode the same for as long as i could remember, and when the new(well new shock, it was a stock shock lol), andi could tell the ride was difference. it was pullin bad bad BAD to the left and with the new shock nothin whatsoever :355: but anyway about your truck INTIMID8R man it should be an okay drop. my truck rubbed the swaybar before the drop soi can't imagine now :eek: lol. but w/e setup you do make sure and post up so we can see progress :)
the only thing that sucks is that i doubt i can get this done before i leave for south carolina and unlees i do it out there then it will be about 7 weeks before i get it all done.

J

·
0 Posts
they dropped mine for me. i helped some, but had no clue what i was doing. lol.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im more of a hands on guy but besides changing the springs out of my racecar to try different setups i know nothing about it.

J

·
0 Posts
depends on where your orderin from. i ordered my blocks from performancecenter and it took 8 days :shrug: but they are comin from cali so it shouldn't be too awful long for you man.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts