Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Canyon with a 3.5 5spd,I'm having abit of trouble with a check engine light and the dealer can't seem to figure it out. I bought the truck about 3 weeks ago as a gm optimum used vehicle with 50,000 Km on it. within the first week i got a P1133 code and took it into the dealer. They Replaced the sensor and reset the code. After about 100-200 km it came back on, Took it back in and they did some kind of update and replaced the sensor again. A few days later after about 100k it came back on again. they replaced the sensor again and thought maybe the new sensor was faulty. So a few days later the code comes back again. this time they just reset it and did an Injector Flush. Sure enough after 100k today......code is back on. made an appointment for monday morning for them to try to figure it out again. Has ANYONE had this problem as well? or have any ides what it may be?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 05 Canyon with a 3.5 5spd,I'm having abit of trouble with a check engine light and the dealer can't seem to figure it out. I bought the truck about 3 weeks ago as a gm optimum used vehicle with 50,000 Km on it. within the first week i got a P1133 code and took it into the dealer. They Replaced the sensor and reset the code. After about 100-200 km it came back on, Took it back in and they did some kind of update and replaced the sensor again. A few days later after about 100k it came back on again. they replaced the sensor again and thought maybe the new sensor was faulty. So a few days later the code comes back again. this time they just reset it and did an Injector Flush. Sure enough after 100k today......code is back on. made an appointment for monday morning for them to try to figure it out again. Has ANYONE had this problem as well? or have any ides what it may be?
Someone please help, I have the same issue. It happened a few months ago, my mechanic, reset it, and said put some good gas in it and drive. If it returned come back to see him. he is a reputable mechanic, so the light did not return until today. Same exact code again.
I run BP gas, 87 octane. I plan to fill it tomorrow and add some gas treatment. I am sure it will go away for awhile. Does anyone have this same problem?

·
2009&10 SESM Coordinator
1,360 Posts
Sounds like they are doing the right thing by replacing the sensor, just sounds like they have a bad batch of sensors. Not sure if they are putting in Bosch sensors or the GM version. Might want to put a Denso sensor in there????

Welcome BTW!

·
2009&10 SESM Coordinator
1,360 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for reporting back.

·
2009&10 SESM Coordinator
1,360 Posts
Not quite sure why the second sensor would be the problem. P1133 is for the 1st (front) sensor. (DTC P1133 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Might want to check the manifold and the exhaust system. Some have reported it cracked. This would throw the 02 sensors out of whack and causing the engine light and the truck to run lean.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have ran a complete tank of Chevron 87 octane. The light has not returned.
Question, if it were the second sensor, could it be that the sensor is getting wet, or damp? Creating a simulated breif short. These codes came on during driving the last 2 times. And, it was raining both times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have ran a complete tank of Chevron 87 octane. The light has not returned.
Question, if it were the second sensor, could it be that the sensor is getting wet, or damp? Creating a simulated breif short. These codes came on during driving the last 2 times. And, it was raining both times.
Hello, no comment from you guys!
Still no light, which is good. But it is raining here this morning, I got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my 04 canyon with the 3.5 is doing the same thing. i replaced the first 02 sensor in the manifold and it was a ngk brand i think, got it from napa,any way replaced it cleared the code and it comes on almost every night on the way home from work. replace the 2nd sensor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts