Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Dual color reverse bulb to add caution flash

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  edvocho 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I use my 355 for construction sometimes and would love to put some hide-aways in it. Problem is in our trucks our tail lights are two small for the mods. Do you think supermod or another company could make a dual color white and yellow lamp for our reverse lights?
Let's me know your thoughts!!

#3 ·
My thought was if it was in a dual filament plug and the white and yellow had separate circuit in the two colors could be powered seperatly. It wouldn't work well if you were backing up with the caution on but I'll take that issue. I can figure out the blinking circuit I would just need the lamps.

#5 ·
You are correct I would have to splice in a dual filament socket from somewhere. I don't have issues with it not being a direct swap. I can run wires and make a harness if nessary. Just that it fits in a factory housing so it looks natural.

#14 ·
I dont know if hideaways will work in the reverse lights as they still need to function as reverse lights. So i found these after another member suggested something similar.
NEW! 5K WHITE AMBER SWITCHBACK V3 TRITON LED SYSTEM 2.5 | 1 SET
The VLEDS are right around 130 for the pair. Which is right on par with a quality hide away. These seem to be the brightest and best quality i have been able to find. They are just out of stock until the end of April. Kinda sucks.

#18 ·
Damn it Ed @edvocho

I was getting ready to do the same thing..... post the link of that thread here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.