Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rep'n East TN
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 standard cab Z85.

it currently has a 3/4 drop and is still sitting about a inch inch and a half from the fender

i wanted to go a inch lower but was afraid of hitting the battery tray

i noticed a lot of people are sitting on the tire or even tucking and am wondering how?

any help would be appreciated

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
You will just cut the plastic liner out and then take the battery and tray out and use a torch and beat up the metal and use a BFH and beat the metal up words.

The lower you go the more camber you get making it able to tuck. I'm 4/5.5 and my top of my front tires were about 1/2" or so more inwards then the bottom of the tires making it able to tuck. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Rep'n East TN
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it does. i figured i would have to do something along those lines. i guess i will be staying where i am at i really lack skills with torches and stuff like that and dont want to take a chance killing my paint. bad thing about living in east Tennessee there is no one around that i trust that much either haha

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
It's only fender paint you will rub it off with your tires rubbing anyway. Plus you will be low enough you or anyone else will never see your inner fenders.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Your not to far from me! It really doesn't take much to do what Kyle is saying. I beat my inner fenders up in order to tuck but since I'm running larger rim/tires I'm gonna have to tub mine.

·
Rep'n East TN
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have never touched a torch so it just kinda scares me my trucks my baby haha.

i may check around and see if i can find anyone to help out but if not jakeraleigh i may ask for your assistance if you are willing to help sometime maybe more around spring i live about two hours away so that isnt to bad.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I didn't use a torch I just used a big hammer. I wouldn't mind to help at all! Oh trust me, my trucks my baby but once you start cutting it doesn't nearly hurt as bad the next time. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts