Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rep'n East TN
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 standard cab Z85.

it currently has a 3/4 drop and is still sitting about a inch inch and a half from the fender

i wanted to go a inch lower but was afraid of hitting the battery tray

i noticed a lot of people are sitting on the tire or even tucking and am wondering how?

any help would be appreciated

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
You will just cut the plastic liner out and then take the battery and tray out and use a torch and beat up the metal and use a BFH and beat the metal up words.

The lower you go the more camber you get making it able to tuck. I'm 4/5.5 and my top of my front tires were about 1/2" or so more inwards then the bottom of the tires making it able to tuck. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Rep'n East TN
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it does. i figured i would have to do something along those lines. i guess i will be staying where i am at i really lack skills with torches and stuff like that and dont want to take a chance killing my paint. bad thing about living in east Tennessee there is no one around that i trust that much either haha

·
Rep'n East TN
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i have never touched a torch so it just kinda scares me my trucks my baby haha.

i may check around and see if i can find anyone to help out but if not jakeraleigh i may ask for your assistance if you are willing to help sometime maybe more around spring i live about two hours away so that isnt to bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.