Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a set of Duratracs on my truck and have a few questions on what to get. Would a 265/75/16 fit on a stock 2010 z87 4x4 without rubbing? Also, they have the 10 ply version in stock. Would that be a little too hard for such a small truck? Would it be worth the wait time to go with 8 plys? Sorry for the new thread, my searches were coming up empty handed.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If your tires are stock Z85 wheels (not Z87), the tire is a tad tall and wide to fit without rubbing when you steer. Probably the sway bar. Just because the wheel is tucked so much. You might be fine, but honestly it's a gamble and very close to say accurately.
I had to make the correction of Z85 to Z87, because if you don't know what you drive, perhaps it's a Z71? If you don't know, and want to know then open the glove box and check out the silver sticker on the door. There are a lot of codes, but will show Z85 or Z71.

You may find you have the lift the front up a little bit. I had mine sitting level to the factory rear height. The tire was crammed in. However your stock tire starts out 1" taller than my stock tire did. I didn't have stock wheels either, so I cleared everything.
My 235/75 tire was wrapped around a 15" wheel, yours is 16".

However, it's not a good recommendation to install a 10.5" wide tire on a 6.5" wide wheel. People do it, but it's not recommended. The manufacturer sure does not suggest a 6.5" wheel for that size tire either.

If you use a Load Range greater than "C", you will regret the choice. It's way too hard. If you choose this tire, order the right one for your truck and wait 3 extra days for them to arrive. But expect less than desirable wear on the inappropriate wheel size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typo, def not a z71. Its a z85. I think I will order rather than getting these. Since I am ordering anyway I will probably go with a narrower tire, probably just stick with the factory size I guess. Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts