Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 extra pieces of dynamat extreme from my wifes vehicle that I wanted to put on my truck. Where is the best location for reducing road noise? I was thinking about doing the front doors or the front floor. I have 3 sheets of 18x32. I'm thinking the front doors would probably be the best. Any opinions?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
I started with the roof (roof didn't take much since I have a sunroof) and back wall, since your a single cab I would start with the back wall. You would be amazed how much road noise comes from back there.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
...I would start with the back wall. You would be amazed how much road noise comes from back there.
I believe it.
Been intending to do this for 9 years.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
It finally took me 7 years to do it, now I need to finish the rest of the floor and I'll be good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have not done my roof maybey one day. But I did do two layers on the floor and on the rear wall that really helped. Also did the outer door skin and the inner door skin this also helped lots. GM really cheaped out on sound material on this truck.

I used a product call ballistic mat. Worked very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I have not done my roof maybey one day. But I did do two layers on the floor and on the rear wall that really helped. Also did the outer door skin and the inner door skin this also helped lots. GM really cheaped out on sound material on this truck.

I used a product call ballistic mat. Worked very well.
The roof is a huge radiator of road-noise.

Like the rear wall it's a large area of sheet-metal.
Additional to that, it's right there above your ears.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
It helps as I did the whole inside most with 2 layers also helps with the sound system. I hate pulling up to someone and their trunk is rattling because they have a large sub and amp with no sound deadner.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I can't believe you guys are doing 2 layers, that shit expensive.
Can't figure how you'd get the carpet to lay down correctly over two layers.

There's already a layer of something similar to Dynamat from the factory, on my truck anyway.
(I am the original owner btw)

On a crew-cab I figure I need a layer under the "b-pillars" also.
Haven't had them off to take a look though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The carpet laid down just fine. Never thought to take a after pic but it's all good.

And it's not that expensive when you are buying it for cost. I was a car audio installer for 20 years. Still just tinker around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts