Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my dyno tune today at ShorTuning.

The cam specs:
Comp Cam 265lr hr12
215/223 @.050, .604/.610 lift
LSA: 112
Intake centerline: 107

Dyno Results:
277 rwhp
301 rwtq
(regular 87 octane pump gas)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Any other mods? And let's see some pics of this bad boy. Welcome to the nation!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mild exhaust mods...Xpipe and Spintech muffler. I also have a corvette servo and K&N air filter. Thats it for now .

As far as driving feelings after the tune..Wow! Its like a different truck. I did hear a little detonation at WOT on the 87 octane, so I filled the truck up with 93 octane and that seemed to fix it.

Overall, noticeable power gains, and the shifts are awesome. First to second hits hard at WOT..back end of truck slips around a bit. Second to third is also very strong. First to second hits with a thud even at low speeds so I may have that softened up a little, but its perfect st WOT.

The stock torque converter works perfect, I can stomp it down from a idle and there is no hesitation at all...instant response from idle! It idles at 620rpm with a mild lope.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Did that cam fit in with no work on the eng ? post a dyno sheet
for us to compare with other cam installs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Free flowing exhaust (headers) and a bump in timing (high octane tune) will get you 30 more horsies!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Tony, just like me, I kinda like his cam if it fits right in, 600+ lift. i wonder what else ?
springs, push rods, trunnion upgrades ???

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah Al, that's a sweet looking cam. Although I would go for a 114+4 rather than his 112+5, simply because of my turbo. Of course, this is a non-VVT cam, but I think I will delete VVT when I do a swap anyway. Don't think the turbo will benefit much from it.

But I do have a 210/218 .551/.551 114+4 Crane Powermax and some PSI LS1511 Maxlife beehives just sitting on a shelf, so I might just poke that in there and see what she does.

Note to OP: HEADERS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed a few valve train upgrades: dual valve springs, hardened retainers, hardened 7.425" pushrods, and a 3 bolt cam gear.

Headers are next on my list, then maybe gears.

Im trying to get my tuner to email me the dyno sheet. I will post it when I get it. Torque curve is almost a flat line.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
So what octane fuel is your truck tuned for?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Jeremy,1st post says 87oct gas. Duh. ha ha ha :))

1 - 15 of 15 Posts