Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

E Fan?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Hannibal 
#1 ·
#3 ·
2500cfm is weak for the size, and that one is probably too wide for our radiators. I'm going to try and squeeze dual 12" fans onto a custom shroud, not sure if I'll be able to get them in or not. I think Rangerbob had the measurements in his e-fan thread, and I'm pretty sure our radiator was 23" wide in between the end tanks.

#6 ·
If that one would fit on the radiator it'd probably work great. I'd measure before ordering it though.

#10 ·
I wrote about this a while ago, so I'll keep it brief here.

I personally called Flex-a-lite and asked them what they suggest for my truck. They said to refrain from anything under 3200CFM.

The exact fan they suggested was: http://www.performancecenter.com/pr...+Fans&sf4=Universal+Electric+Fans&universal=0

A friend of mine with a Colly here in Ontario, has the exact fan, and he's happier than a pig in shit.

If you are interested, I can get those fans for like $20 off the price you see on PerformanceCenter. And their shipping is only like $11 or somehting, cheap.

#11 ·
Will these fans help or fix the rises in temps that I seem to be having out here??

What I mean by this is; I'm running 20's that are 9" wide. When driving on normal flat ground or slightly hilly everything is fine even with the A/C on. But as soon as I start to climb any type of hill that's slightly higher grade the temp goes up with the A/C on OR not. Now "normal temp" on "my" truck is just a hair under the half way mark. By the time i get to some of the hills out here it could get as high as damn near 3/4's. IMO I think it's getting to high. It used to do this with the stockers, the extreme 18's and now even worse with the 20's. Now I do understand bigger wheels more weight etc. etc. so it will go up a little. It's just that it went up even stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.