Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this my first thread.starter in my truck went out this week and after reading up on it I was disappointed to find that changing the starter required removal of the intake and 5 hours work... I found out last night that that is not the case at all and can easily be done in just over a hour by removing o through the wheel well.
:salute:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt take any pics,... jack up the truck and unclip the plastic inner fender piece, you should be able to see the starter right in front of you. you have to take the bolt out of the steering shaft so it can fall out if your way. unbolt the knock sensor which is right behind the starter bolted to the engine block (only has one bolt). you may have to unclip the wiring harness from the fender so you can push it up out of the way. the back bolt on the starter is kinda a bitch to get to but can be done by just feeling around with a socket and extension. once unbolted just fish the starter out of the hole between the fender and the UCA its kinda tight but be patient it will fit...

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
I did mine through the wheel well as well. It's a lot faster then taking the manifold off and all. It's still not the easiest thing to do, but easier than a five hour job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yh its ALOT faster. granted i had a good air ratchet and a lift to work off of made it easier, but i dont see why it would be to much more trouble of a set of jack stands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts