Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere and if not then let's hop to it.

I have been considering adapting an Eaton m90 for use on our trucks (gen1). In my case it'd be for the 3.5 i5. Has anyone ever tried doing this or something similar for another roots style charger? Are there any immediate red flags that come to mind?

The pros would be they're relatively cheap, easy to find, and parts are plentiful.

The cons are custom bracket/brackets would be needed. I would need to find a way to adapt our TB or splice the TB off of a regal or other 3800 (motor the m90 came on from the factory). Getting the required sensor/sensors installed and working with the pcm/ecu...

What's the likely hood that the clutch driven fan could be adapted to run the SC? just a thought. Any and all information welcome...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after spending the last 4 hours going through pages of materials I can answer my own questions. Yes this has been covered, yes it's possible, yes it's been done and yes most people go turbo and forget about the SC. Still think immediate tire destroying torque would be nice but to each their own.

Going to keep this on the back burner for now... Injectors and hp tune first and then we'll see where we're at.

·
Luv them hoochies
3,554 Posts
I have an m90 and its stock piping with intercooler
I was gonna go that route but changed my mind due 2 not having any experience fabbing and people around me at the time wanted way 2 much
I'm in southern Georgia if ur close maybe we can work something out

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm in Savannah Georgia and have been considering this too. I have a supercharged Bonneville sittin in my driveway that developed a dead cylinder and a low oil pressure problem a few years ago, so I parked it and replaced it with my Colorado and haven't touched it since then. I've always thought that one day I'd tear the motor down and build it up a bit beefier, but have not touched it. One guy on this site had a picture of his supercharger adapted and on his Colorado. I'll post if I can find it again.

·
Registered
2007 Colorado LT Z85 3.7, 4" Rancho lift, Pro-Comp struts, Airlift rear bags
26 Posts
Did any of you look further into this? Just curious, I was looking at an SC14 roots type blower but I think I'm sticking N/A for reliability. Im just always curious about this kind of stuff. Once I get my new garage built id like to start some kind of engine build as a hobby to keep me busy from time to time and I am always interested in ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.