Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, new here but been a colorado owner for a couple years now. I have a 05 crew cab 4x4 Z71 auto 3.5l with a K&N CAI, aftermarket exhaust (not settled on keeping this muffler yet,, may try a diff one) I have access to EFI and want to tune my truck... problem is I can not find a tune file other than stock for my truck... Ive read all the threads of tuning and what all is recommended to do..... but might anybody out there have a tune file that is NOT STOCK that they would be willing to share with me? not looking to make a drag racer but want a lil more than a towing tune... its my daily driver and once in a while i tow a 12' utility trailer but rarely.... Please help me out I know I should take it to a pro..... but its just not in my finances.... please help....:salute:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
25 views and no response.... come on guys, Im not asking for a national secret... I just need modified fuel and spark tables and the modified shift points.... I can handle all the rest. I hope someone out there can help me....

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
No one here really uses EFILive most of us are on HpTuners. If you have the software just take the time to figure it out. I read a book, watched 2 videos and dove in head first on a tune for a supercharger and my motor survived. Just get yourself a good wideband o2 sensor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one here really uses EFILive most of us are on HpTuners. If you have the software just take the time to figure it out. I read a book, watched 2 videos and dove in head first on a tune for a supercharger and my motor survived. Just get yourself a good wideband o2 sensor.
Yeah, been playin around with the software... think thats what we will have to do... but I hoped to find someone generous enough to share there knowledge....

I think I could use a HPT file if i could read it just have to write it into the EFI manually... but I am willing to do that too... If someone could just post it or PM me the file...

wait... Ill look here for an HP tuners file.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok found a hp tuners file but it does me no good since I cant open it to read it... so if anyone out there has the parameters i need in hp tuners format can you post or pm me the screen shots of them please.... then I could re write them into an efi live file...

·
Registered
28 Posts
So my uncle just got an efi live autocal for his duramax, and not being a complete stranger to tuning, I wanted to try and use it on my collie when he's done with it.
I know I'd have to save the files for him to use later, and return the files to his device, but what I'm not sure of is, how to get it to connect to the collie.

I've been fighting with upgrades on my truck for a while, and pretty much gave up for a while:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/i4-i5-engine-drivetrain/62034-volant-2-9l-cel.html

I looked on the efilive website and if I read correctly, to enable the autocal to connect to my truck would cost $3k, or buy a new one for myself. I think I also read something about a VIN license for $125.

Really the only thing I want to do to it, is install my CAI, and delete the upper cat (already removed the back cat b/c it was clogged).

Is there some magic database containing the files I need?
I have an evo and tune it myself, so I'm familiar with datalogging and tuning (somewhat)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just read on efilive website that a flashscanV2 is required to add/remove tunes from an autocal.
Therefore I'd need a flashscanV2 in order to tune my truck with EFIlive.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts