Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Electrical issues

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Mtbike2 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 04 crew cab and it does some strange things, first blinkers work fine then they blink fast then back to normal, two dash illumination works normally at start up in AM when I turn off truck for any reason and start up again dash lights dont light up, third AC blowing fuses?? I really like this truck and would like to resolve these issues thanks!

#2 ·
I will let others chime in on the second two questions but your first I think I can answer. The blinkers are blinking fast because a bulb is out. The normal blink is when it is working just fine. Colorados have a bulb that has two or 4 wires on the basal of it that basically contact little levers inside the socket. They get contamination in there and vibrate creating some sparks and corrosion on the wire. You can pull it out and bend the wire up slightly and they will work again, till they break. You may find the same problems with your tail lights as well. You can sometimes swap a tail light for a brake light and get more life out of one. Long story short. Poor design, pack the socket with grease then put bulb in.

#5 ·
I did change some bulbs and noticed discoloration on the old ones I will try to clean them with an eraser and put some maybe vacuum grease thank you for your help!! Now I think my AC resistor failed cause the fuse was blown and replacing it didn't fix it I'll do the same with the new one as the bulbs, hope it's not the harness or motor I'll find out this weekend thanks again!🙂
I had a few similar issues on my 06 LS 2.8 L4. Most of which were solved with a new Pass Lock Sensor. There is a lot of info on YouTube about the sensor. After new Pass Lock Sensor was installed my Key Fob only works while inside the truck, does not work outside. Still trying to figure that out.
Thank you I will check it out, but I have an after market alarm that I'm going to replace soon cause I dont know what kind of is and cant get a new fob old one is missing buttons and switches are exposed

#3 ·
I recently purchased a 04 crew cab and it does some strange things, first blinkers work fine then they blink fast then back to normal, two dash illumination works normally at start up in AM when I turn off truck for any reason and start up again dash lights don't light up, third AC blowing fuses?? I really like this truck and would like to resolve these issues thanks!

#4 ·
I had a few similar issues on my 06 LS 2.8 L4. Most of which were solved with a new Pass Lock Sensor. There is a lot of info on YouTube about the sensor. After new Pass Lock Sensor was installed my Key Fob only works while inside the truck, does not work outside. Still trying to figure that out.

#14 ·
Now it's both directions only front, back works got new bulbs put dielectric grease on them heater still random sometimes if I bang the dash in frustration hvac works cleaned ground getting frustrated I'm gonna take it somewhere and have someone with more experience fix it maybe I can get a year warranty out of them it's cold now dont want to wait

#12 ·
I am working on installing a backup camera to an aftermarket pioneer hu. I have ran a power wire to a rap fuse (sunroof) and the camera will function when manual view is pressed on the hu, however screen is black when in reverse ... the remote wire is pigtailed to the green reverse light wire and ties to the reverse signal wire on the hu. I disconnected and used a power plug adapter on the reverse signal wire on the hu and I get picture ... I tested voltage on the wire and only get 9-10 volts which is not enough for the camera. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.