Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a dc converter plugged into aux power 2. I had my laptop and a trickle charger set to 2 amps on it....Just going along and all of a sudden no more power....check a couple of things..no power to the outlet whatsoever. Checked the fuse..its fine...im guessing a wiring issue...got to hot??? any one got any idea where to look or how to proceed...yes i know im a dumbass...

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
never had that happen. one time for a tailgator I hooked up a george formen grill but the fuse just blew. Would the bcm have something to do with it?

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doubt it...i believ it is a straight power fused link...

·
Registered
563 Posts
hmmm if the fuse is good must be a wiring concern. im not sure. id check gm service info for you right now but i dont have my own login and i forgot my technicians login password.

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah if you can get me that info ill just trace the damn wire.....odd though....20 amp fuse didnt blow but the wire melted...hmm..im gonna rip the dash apart tommorow...

·
Registered
563 Posts
yeah if you can get me that info ill just trace the damn wire.....odd though....20 amp fuse didnt blow but the wire melted...hmm..im gonna rip the dash apart tommorow...
yeah that would be weird. sorry i cant help you at the moment man :(

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup....tried a couple other devices...all work well in aux 1 but not in 2...fuses are all good.. no warranty left...im gonna look at the socket it self tommorow and see if i see any telltale signs..i figure it has to be the ground wire...if it was the hot the fuse would have popped cause it would have shorted out...so i may even just reground it...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
There may be an inline fuse for that, don't know where it would be though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts