Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way that you can get the emergency brake to not stick to the floor. Kinda like a hand brake where if i step on it it will just lock the rear tires but when i let go so do the brakes. I havent looked at it cause i just thought of it. Im guessing there is something i can disconnect to make this happen.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Why? Please tell me your not going to try to drift or slide it...

Sounds dangerous... don't get yourself killed testing it out :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
a buddy of mine had an s-10 with a parkin break that didn't stick. that little bitch was goin around corners sidewayzzzz as hell, i wanted to try it, but knowing me i'd die. haha. and not 2weeks later, he totaled it, then three months after workin hard as hell bought a honda civic(no fart can, just modded), and 16 hours after he got it hit an enbankment going around a corner at 75, totaling it too. so INTIMID8R, still sure about wanting to do it?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a goal i want to achieve i am a big fan of drifting im in the middle of building a drift car with my dad. But my truck is a different story. also im not some dumb kid with cars that i like to fuck up. I know how to drive thats the one thing i know im really good at. I have never wrecked anything on the street. Race track yes but street no. I've just noticed that when you get our trucks sideways which is kinda hard to do unless its wet. They track really well so i'd like to be able to kick out the back end sometimes. Im sure it sounds stupid. But im weird.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
i have a goal i want to achieve i am a big fan of drifting im in the middle of building a drift car with my dad. But my truck is a different story. also im not some dumb kid with cars that i like to fuck up. I know how to drive thats the one thing i know im really good at. I have never wrecked anything on the street. Race track yes but street no. I've just noticed that when you get our trucks sideways which is kinda hard to do unless its wet. They track really well so i'd like to be able to kick out the back end sometimes. Im sure it sounds stupid. But im weird.
Not stupid just doesn't make sense ;) But yeah they do track well sideways, I never have an issue when the rear brakes loose, just keep the front straight :)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Hold onto the release...

Seriously no idea dude, I wouldn't do something like that or have any need.

·
Registered
500 Posts
where the cable pulls on the ebrake rachet, just use a couple zip ties to keep it pulled. I didn't tell you this and i don't want to hear aboot you crashing

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where the cable pulls on the ebrake rachet, just use a couple zip ties to keep it pulled. I didn't tell you this and i don't want to hear aboot you crashing
i dont know if you know this but, im kind of a big deal "ron burgondy" i dont crash.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Put an LS2 in and powerslide it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
if you are to put a block and shove it in between the dash peice and the e brake handle that will work. dont realy have to do that ebrake part all i have to do is crank the steering wheel one way then the other realy quick. it works with mine anyway. i got a road race car im converting from circle track. this block idea might work but i pulled the handle off the clip. yay dirt roads + 4x4s

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I used to do e-brakes @ 100km on the highway in my old car ( 360's) for fun...haha. Suprisingly I never crashed...or DIED. Haha. Almost bought Celica GTS, then decided I would probably die, so I bought a truck, LOW N' SLOW ! haha

·
Registered
358 Posts
that should work, one hand on the wheel one on the release. hahahaha
done it and i dont recomend it... almost turned out really bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts