Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok last night i began installin the lowering kit on my truck...i got the arms in without too much problem took 1.5 hours but when i got to the back and tried to put on the 4 inch blocks i had trouble...

i disconnected the shock bolt, then undid the nuts from u bolts and removed the spring plate...now when i went to posistion the angle cut block the nipple wouldnt fit into the hole in the axle...seems to big a little too big for the hole...plus i need to know which way the angle goes on the bloclk (ie the high end of the angle to the rear or front) and then the ubolts didnt seem quite long enough to go through the sprig plate (but i think the block may have been backwards)

anyways if someone could pleas help me i would really appreciate it

HELP!!! lol

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i think S10 blocks had smaller holes. You'll have to enlarge them somehow to make sure they fit.

the thin end of the block points towards the front of the truck

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
enlarge the hole on the axle you mean right?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Some of the kits do require minor trimming. So you might have to dremmel it a little bit

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok good news i thought so but i didnt want to do it till i knew for sure so i didnt screw anything up thanks alot

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I were you I'd file down the pin a little before I'd enlarge the hole on the axle........
yeah thats what i am gonna do i didt want to do the axle in case i ever decide to put it back to stock thanks

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
If it were me, I'd enlarge the hole on the axle before I made the pin on the block any smaller. I would want the pin to be as strong/big as possible since it's what keeps the block in place. Reaming out the hole on the axle isn't going to hurt/make the axle less strong in the least bit, nor will it make a difference when/if you put it back to stock.

Just my $.02. I did this on my truck...

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
The colorado has a completely different pin size. I was in the same trouble as you so I filed down the pin.......then I was getting alot of shakes from the rear. I called the place I got them from and told them they sent me the wrong ones so they sent me a replacement set for the price of shipping.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it were me, I'd enlarge the hole on the axle before I made the pin on the block any smaller. I would want the pin to be as strong/big as possible since it's what keeps the block in place. Reaming out the hole on the axle isn't going to hurt/make the axle less strong in the least bit, nor will it make a difference when/if you put it back to stock.

Just my $.02. I did this on my truck...
ok man makes sense i didnt think about it like this...i think i will try it but i will have to use a drill bit instead cuz i broke all my freakin dremal bits but anyways i have to wait to see if i can get one of the ubolts rethreaded cuz the idiot of my friend crossthreaded it while i was installing the arms...so yeah anyways thanks a bunch guys

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The colorado has a completely different pin size. I was in the same trouble as you so I filed down the pin.......then I was getting alot of shakes from the rear. I called the place I got them from and told them they sent me the wrong ones so they sent me a replacement set for the price of shipping.
so if i enlarge the hole the pin goes into it shouldnt shake right? cuz the pin is still strong and big

1 - 12 of 12 Posts