Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4x4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just reaching out to see if anybody could help me with an issue I just recently have had which is a rough idle on start both cold and hot. This just happened after I installed my new cold air intake system, it threw a code running too lean for bank 1 (po171). I suspect this is due to the fact that the new intake is allowing more air into the engine and the ecu doesn’t know what to do with it so it runs lean. I just replaced the MAF sensor tonight and still ran bad. I cleared the code and am waiting for it to come back if it does. I would like to keep the intake but I’m not sure what else I could do to make the ecu relearn it’s new intake system. I’ve attached a video below which displays what I mean by rough idle Rough idle start

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Hey everyone, just reaching out to see if anybody could help me with an issue I just recently have had which is a rough idle on start both cold and hot. This just happened after I installed my new cold air intake system, it threw a code running too lean for bank 1 (po171). I suspect this is due to the fact that the new intake is allowing more air into the engine and the ecu doesn’t know what to do with it so it runs lean. I just replaced the MAF sensor tonight and still ran bad. I cleared the code and am waiting for it to come back if it does. I would like to keep the intake but I’m not sure what else I could do to make the ecu relearn it’s new intake system. I’ve attached a video below which displays what I mean by rough idle Rough idle start
Secondary Air Injection properly plumbed and operating? Crankcase vent hoses connected?

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4x4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Secondary Air Injection properly plumbed and operating? Crankcase vent hoses connected?
Sorry for the late reply been busy with work. everything was put back the way it was supposed to including the pcv hose connection, the truck runs great and normal at idle but it’s just when I go to start it and my idle drops to about 1100 is when it starts to go crazy, if I had to guess it has somthing to do with the air fuel ratio because now with the cold air it’s reviving a lot more air and the ecu doesn’t know what to do on start up, just a guess. Any other ideas. I was gonna see if I could bring it to somebody for a tune but thought I’d ask here first

1 - 3 of 3 Posts