Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious ... How many miles is expected out of r drivetrain before things start going out ... My truck just hit 150,000 miles and I'm starting to get nervous that I'm creeping up on a major breakdown. I have never had or have a problems yet except for u joints replaced

Teddy

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Depends on maintenance through the life of the vehicle. If it has been maintained, the engine won't be failing anytime soon. My 1993 F-150 had 196 on the odometer (oversized tires almost its entire life) and never even ticked when I traded it.

Your options are to get rid of it now before it depreciates any further, or make sure it's sound and ready to go until parts start falling off on the roadway.

The value is already depreciating, it's up to you to stop the bleeding at your own discretion.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
We just had a guy on here pass 300,000 miles, it's all on maintenance and how you drive your truck. I drive like an asshole so I've already replaced the motor and tranny just under 100k miles. Some day I'll learn right? :shrug:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks like I'm in for the long haul . Can't make me get rid of my 355 ..All my buddies call me a granny driver but iv built my truck like a swamp buggie.. Never missed a maintenance schedule on anything and always go the extra mile to make sure it's done right. Right now I'm in the middle of a paint Job of candy apple red with a pearl mid coat and soon 33" tires from my 31" now. And a full 3" body lift to add to my tb crank and shackle extensions.

Teddy

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Just keep up on the maintenance then. The higher TB crank and the 33's will be more detrimental, but not the death of the truck.

Plus spending the time/money on a paint job, the truck might as well stay with you because that won't help your resale.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paint just makes it for eye appealing especially with the pearl and red flake in the clear. I still plan on a tune here in Nov. For my B-day. So I'm hoping that will help with mpg and hp without hurting anything. I was really concerned with the milage iv put on it

Teddy

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got 256,000 out of my 4 banger before it quit. 5 speed transmission and and rear end are still original except for u joints. Still rolling at 305,000

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Any more details?

Maintained regular, had a trailer with one mower on it and went through a pot hole full of water which was deeper than I thought. Big loud bang and my truck will only go into first. 2 and 3 if lurches super hard like if you downshift too quick and shakes back into 1st. Also will not exceed 10 mph. Reverse and park both seem to be working fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts