Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what this is all called. Not very engine savy. But the stuff that is all gray and oxidized looking, ive seen people with it polished. Please explain what to use and how hard it is.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
It's the valve cover you're speaking of and you just remove it and get a good bench top polishing wheel and some rouge bars and polish away, but be aware it's not a fast process you will spend a while doing it. Or you could have it powder-coated or chromed by a shop which is the easier route.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i figured. I had a feeling it would be a constant cleaning process. Probably not a great idea considering i like hitting the trails a lot.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I had mine powder-coated

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
I had mine powder-coated

Must be nice having a 07+.......can't powdercoat Fuckin plastic :hulk:

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Yeah......I back burned it. I think with the right prep and some rustoluem paint I could get it done :shrug:

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Yeah......I back burned it. I think with the right prep and some rustoluem paint I could get it done :shrug:

Yeah high temp rustoleum will work it just isn't very glossy, I wasn't sure if you were one of those guys that it has to be a shiny mirror finish.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I did my battery cover and fuse box cover in Rustoleum Fusion paint.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I did mine with regular dupont basecoat, clearcoat about 5 years ago. Still looks great today. High temp paint shouldn't be needed.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I did mine with regular dupont basecoat, clearcoat about 5 years ago. Still looks great today. High temp paint shouldn't be needed.
damn that's nice man. I need to do this too mine once i finally buy a new daily to make the truck my second vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts