Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what a 211,000 mile radiator looks like. What you are seeing built-up on the radiator is grass and dirt. Blocking air from passing through the radiator. A good 30% of the radiator's surface is blocked and will cause the engine to run hotter and not cool properly. An invisible hazard to your vehicle's cooling system as this is in between the radiator and the AC condenser. If you live in an agricultural area, make sure your radiator's front surface is clean to maintain proper engine operating temps.

1399840558051.jpg
1399840592997.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the crappy AutoGuide.com free app

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Great preventive maintenance tip/advice DB!!!

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Running around and sitting idle a lot in my town's ridiculous road-construction-induced traffic on a 98°F afternoon with the AC on at full blast and this is as hot as it got

Two weeks ago, it was as high as 220°F with less stop-and-go traffic on a 90°F afternoon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What r those cool gauge faces?

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to derail your thread to much Dan. What plug in did you get? The top rated one? (Can't remember the name)

|mobile|
I bought the cheap $20 blue and orange model from eBay lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the crappy AutoGuide.com free app

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem! It doesn't always work with my Samsung GNex. I've been using my old LG Optimus as my scanner and mp3 player lol

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
I'm gonna have to give that a try, I'm tired of taking out my scan gauge every time someone wants me to check there codes. Thanks Dan.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
that looks cool. just bought it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts