Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been having an issues for sometime with my 2004 Colorado I-5 truck. Turck has about 114,000 miles on it. Here are the symptoms followed by what I have done to correct the issue. So far nothing has worked.

Usually this only happens when the truck is hot. In the morning it starts ok and after it has been setting for a while it will start ok.

Go to get in the truck and turn the key and the engine will crank (turn over) and try to start. As soon as it fires off it will die. I do this over and over sometimes as many as 10-15 times and vehicle will not start. When and if it does finally start it sounds horrible. it will barely run almost like it is out of time or missing. After a period of time usually 10-15 seconds it will finally line itself out and run fine. Below I have listed the things I have done to try and fix the issue with no luck so far.

The issue described above existed before all of the below changes and continues to this day.

1. Replaced Spark plugs and cleaned throttle body, about 5,000 miles ago.
2. Replaced Fuel Filter
3. Replaced the Cam Shaft Actuator / Solenoid. (Not sure if this is what it is called) It is the part on the front of the engine near the top passenger side.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8H-_PNQeX6VQ0FaYTlpVW1wM2M/edit?usp=sharing

4. Replaced the fuel pressure regulator.

None of these have worked or corrected the problem.

I am at a loss and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know I cant be the only colorado owner who has had this problem...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sounds like one of the temp sensors are not reading right causing it to run lean. Once started the O2 reals it back in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for not responding quicker. Been out of pocket for about a week. I scanned it a few months back and the errors then pointed to the Cam Shaft Actuator. I changed it and then reset the codes. Since I have changed it is still doing the same thing. I have not had a chance to scan it lately, but it is still showing a CK engine light. So that is my next task.

To answer the question about the throttle input, when it is acting up, I can pump the pedal and after about 5-10 seconds it will recover and run fine.

When you guys mentioned the temp sensors, would that produce a code and if so where are the suspect ones I need to look at...

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
pass-lock problems, maybe BCM ? ignition key? rough idle, maybe after those failed starts, its flooded? just some thoughts that come to mind ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts