Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
0 Posts
Why a 305? Thats a dog of an engine...it would probably end up being slower than your 2.8 currently is...haha

If you were going to do a swap like that...sounds like you would be ditching the FI and going carb, might as well go with a 350...way more parts, more power, not a 305...

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
Nothing on the colly but I have in an s-10...are you sure you want a 305? I mean for about the same price and all you could have a really nice 350....I think that if a swap is to be done you should go ahead and build a new firewall...saw it on an s-10 and the install took an hour and 42 minutes according to the owner....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was between a 305 and a 350 but i started saying a 305 becuase i have one sitting in my gerage right now but i new 350 would be badass... and yes if i did do the swap i would build an entire new firewall so i could shave it n keep it clean. another main reason why i want to do the swap is because i want an automatic n my truck right now is the 5 speed.

also as far as rear ends go how do you think the stock axle would hold up to the 350's power? i would end up putting a 9 inch in the truck but im in the process of narrowing it and thats going to get put on hold now probly...

·
0 Posts
The stock end should hold up fine...9" is overkill, imo...

If you already got a 305 laying around might as well use it...wouldn't be that hard to swap in a 350 later...just don't expect a huge increase in power over the 2.8...

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
A TPI 305 wouldnt be too terrible. Although i dont think id do a TPI engine at all. Id go for an LT1 atleast.(well LSx for smog reasons)
The tpi out of the camaros's of the early 90's like a 91 are great...I know from personal experience...but man....the 350 is as common as a fuckin 97 civic....they have everything for them available for cheap too!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well hell yeha im building this thing for go, if that 305 aint gonna do much more than my shitty 2.8 i aint gonna do it i mine as well do a 350.... but however i do want people to know i have a V-8 in it when i pull up... is that 2.8 i have worth anything, its only has 15,XXX miles on it....

Z

·
0 Posts
The tpi out of the camaros's of the early 90's like a 91 are great...I know from personal experience...but man....the 350 is as common as a fuckin 97 civic....they have everything for them available for cheap too!!!!

The 305 is just as common.

I wouldnt say great though, the powerband is too narrow IMO. Id hate to own a truck that runs out of power at 4k.

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
for all around power, and performance as well as dress up I have to go with the 350....I would carb it too....gas wont be any good, but no computer, real clean engine bay, and a overall better install

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well right now with my budget im more interested in carb i dont think it would be that big of a deal, i would love to find a fuel injected one however.... ha i need a sponsor who just pays for all my shit...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah for sure im not to worried on gas tho man i can say all i want that it is my daily driver, BUT its not, haha i pull that thing apart more than i drive it i just want to get everything that i want to do to it done..... its an 05 with 15000 miles on it haha

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
wow man I have an 05 with 40,000 on it, and its only had minor shit one to...but has always been in one piece...so to speak

·
0 Posts
My 06 just passed 40,000 :(

gangsta_gangsta, when you get ready to ditch the 2.8 let me know, I am really interested in the head...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts