Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
djhicks posted a thread earlier and sounds about like what mine is doing. I have and 08 canyon 2.9 2wd. I will start it and put into gear and it feels like its flooding out and will attempt to shut off. If I rev it up a few times it seems to ease off. It has gotten worse since the cold came it real good in the morning and at night (upstate SC). I took it to a chevy dealer when i purchased it a few months back to replace plugs and coils and they said it was a tad low on compression but not enough to be concerned about, just a few points low. Other than that it hesitates when i hit the gas and the rpms will drop.

Anyone else having similar troubles, or have heard of this? Thank you in advance.

Edit:i have not cleaned the TB of MAF yet, will do during lunch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The throttle body has been cleaned. I will clean the MAF tonight. Is sea foam or any internal engine cleaner good to do anyways? i have 157K on the truck.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Have the O2 sensors ever been replaced??????

Willing to be they are giving the PCM slow readings......and contributing to the issues your having.

With more of these trucks climbing into the high mileage range this is a common occurrence. I replaced both of mine 2 years ago at 95k and i have never had these issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts