Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter has a 2010 Equinox. they need to drive back to Texas from here in CT and just recently a message posted on the DIC that said Service Air Bag.
Can't get a code or anything via my Scan Gauge. Is there a scanner out there that can get me the info?
Worked on a family members Mazda Tribute that had air bag light on. Counted flashing airbag light before solid light and iut was 46. Found a loose connector under the seat, no mpre problem. No such luck with Daughters Equinox. Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Probably a fuse or loose connection in the system. Could be a bad sensor. I had the on/off passanger switch in my S10 break. It kicked the light on. Swapped out the switch and light went away. Either way. Worse case is the light stays on. The safety system is disabled when the light is on. However, I removed the fuse in the glove box to make sure it was disabled. Check the fuse and work your way to connectjons from there.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably a fuse or loose connection in the system. Could be a bad sensor. I had the on/off passanger switch in my S10 break. It kicked the light on. Swapped out the switch and light went away. Either way. Worse case is the light stays on. The safety system is disabled when the light is on. However, I removed the fuse in the glove box to make sure it was disabled. Check the fuse and work your way to connectjons from there.
Thanks for the direction...... Daughter and family are driving to San Antonio on the 8th or 9th and hope to have it figured out by then.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL - NP - Figured when I went and looked in the glove box.... even pulled the glove box out just in case. Then saw the panel on console and there it was. Couldn't find a fuse in there or in engine compartment that seemed to be related to SRS or Air Bag, etc.
Did find a reference online this afternoon that said there was a passenger seat sensor that was being replaced due to failures but no recall yet.
Yup, they are driving from CT to your neck of the woods. If I remember correctly, Cibolo listed as your area is in the general area of San Antonio. Once they get there I'll hit you up for a reputable dealer in that area they can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts