Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help guys, have no idea about this stuff.
If i could get a list off all the stuff i need to get a nav installed would be great. Looking at getting a pioneer installed, just need to know the odds and ends i need to get.
Links to the equipment would be greatly appreciated. I have an 08 2LT Z71 Crew Cab Colorado

Thanks,
Mike B.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can get just as much Navigation out of a standard Pioneer (double den) that has AppRadio, and an iPhone. I went this route and it is somewhat cheaper. In the past a standalone Navigation system was better because the maps are stored in the unit. Phone based GPS maps used to download the map and use data, which meant they always needed a data signal. There are now apps like NaviFree (for iPhone, compatible with AppRadio) that store maps on your iPhone. The GPS in your iPhone (assuming 4 or higher, Qualcomm MDM6610 GPS chip) is equal to or better than the signal on a standalone. You get a quick proximity lock based on cell tower then an exact based on the GPS chip.

Just remember it is your truck, get what you want!

FYI
Basics for Pioneer head unit:
1) If you go to Cruthfield and see, modified fit, this usually means that the unit is too deep for the hole in the dash. There is a metal bar with a tab tack welded to it in the back of the hole; you will have to remove the tab for the unit to fit.
2) Antenna adapter
3) Chime retention module
4) Dash kit
5) Parking break override
6) iPhone adapter for Pioneer (CD-IV202NAVI or CD-IV202AV depending on radio model)
7) Apple® Lightning to USB Cable
8) Lightning to VGA Adapter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts