Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a glasspack today. Was at Canadian tire. Saw it. And how could I not. Anyways. I don't have a welder available. And no exhaust clamps yet. So i was wondering. I have aluminum tape laying around. Can I use that to install it. It'll be for a week. Max. So would it hold up?

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I bought a glasspack today. Was at Canadian tire. Saw it. And how could I not. Anyways. I don't have a welder available. And no exhaust clamps yet. So i was wondering. I have aluminum tape laying around. Can I use that to install it. It'll be for a week. Max. So would it hold up?
when i did a cherry bomb on my old dodge ram, i just bought one that was bigger then the factory exhaust pipes OD and just used two clamps. i wouldnt "tape" it on, either weld it on or clamp it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i did a cherry bomb on my old dodge ram, i just bought one that was bigger then the factory exhaust pipes OD and just used two clamps. i wouldnt "tape" it on, either weld it on or clamp it.
Thank you for the fast response. And I will be clamping it. Next week. Just wondering if the tape would do the trick for a week. The glasspacks is gonna slide over the original exhaust pipe. But if i hack off my muffler and put the glasspack in and tape will it hold. For 2 weeks. I will regulary check the tape. And make sure its good just wondeing

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
I agree, just wait the week or so and get clamps or find somewhere to weld it. Don't waste your time with the tape while making your vehicle dangerous for yourself and anyone behind you if anything were to happen with the aluminum tape.

·
Premium Member
3,522 Posts
Just wait. It may hold for a day or two. You would just be wasting money and have a shitty sounding ride. Plus not only the possibility of the tape coming loose and you losing the glasspack entirely

·
Nation Affiliate
926 Posts
just take it to a shop and get it welded in so you don't have to worry about exhaust leaks, will only cost you around $50 for a decent shop
I usually do this but more than twice the welds have rusted thrue.
Of course any shop near me deos it for cash so there is no proof that you had it done there. Just my expierience.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guy's for the advice! You guys might of just saved a life or two if I taped it and it came flying off at the person behind me at high speeds. I'll wait the week and then clamp it. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.