Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, everybody. I'm fascinated at the level of knowledge I'm seeing on the forum. Hopefully somebody can help me.

I was recently passing another car, put my Colorado in low gear and gave it plenty of gas. Suddenly it started roaring like crazy. I pulled over and saw this.

http://s9.postimg.org/fsvlkt4pr/IMAG0060_1.jpg

[img=http://s23.postimg.org/68ka4pmob/IMAG0060.jpg]

So, my exhaust has separated right below the cat converter. The break seems way to clean to be welded. Is there a flange or bracket I'm missing? All the photos I'm seeing of the manifold/CC look like one piece from the manifold down into the curve to the exhaust.

If anyone knows what part I need, I would be most grateful. I'll buy you dinner next time you're in Atlanta.

Chevy Colorado,
3.5 I5
4WD
Z71

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Yes! There is a three bolt flange for the manifold and the midpipe.
I'm surprised it's all the sudden gone?!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah. I thought it was weird too. That makes me happier than buying a 350 dollar manifold or even getting someone to weld it.

The guy at AutoZone had no idea what I was talking about, so I'm still looking for where to buy the part, other than finding a colorado in the junkyard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Chevy dealer told me I need to buy the whole muffler or cat converter to get the flange $600 plus.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I'd tear every junkyard apart before I spent that much.
If you're out of atlanta, I've got a buddy that works at a junkyard up near me,
I just put some pieces off a colly they have, I can ask if he can yank the flange out and ship it to you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, now that I'm looking at it closer. I don't see how I'd get a flange over the pipe's lipped edge. I guess it's to the muffler shop I go. I wonder if I can just get it straight welded.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Well, now that I'm looking at it closer. I don't see how I'd get a flange over the pipe's lipped edge. I guess it's to the muffler shop I go. I wonder if I can just get it straight welded.
I guess you could, just pray you don't have to take the manifold off anytime soon lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts