Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up everyone.

I'm just trying to find a nice deep muscle car sounding setup.
Does anyone know of any that would sound good on a rado?

thanks.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
you have the same motor as i do. i was going to try a flowmaster 40 series eventually. i don't want anything ricey.

J

·
0 Posts
i got flows. not ricey, got a goot rumble idle, but that's about as good as ya can get in these trucks lol.

·
Registered
757 Posts
here ya go i have the 2.8l 4 cyl and its got a catco highflow cat and flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust this is about as good as u get with the rados the 5cyl are a little louder but same deep sound

YouTube - Chevy Colorado Dual Exhaust

·
Registered
757 Posts
oh yeah and i have 4 inch tips too

it helps a little with resonating the sound...im not sure about the loud clunk at the end though anyone know what that is

·
Registered
757 Posts
u got the 5cyl right jhart

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
here ya go i have the 2.8l 4 cyl and its got a catco highflow cat and flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust this is about as good as u get with the rados the 5cyl are a little louder but same deep sound

YouTube - Chevy Colorado Dual Exhaust
it sounds ricey to me at higher rpms. can you get one where you're driving it? sometimes they sound different under load.

·
Registered
757 Posts
yeah i will get it tomarrow if i can find time... ill get a 25-30 mph one and record the rpms and one at 50-60 if i can and record those rpms ill see what i can do

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i understand it will never be the same as an actual muscle car, but i want to get as close as i can.

Intimid8r : besides hacking out your pre cat what is the rest of your setup? your setup sounded pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
its all custom stuff. My dads buddy has a muffler shop and he bent new piping and put a new muffler on it. Its a borla i believe. i wanted it louder so i cut open the muffler itself and cleared a lot of the junk out of it. Then welded it back together and thats what it sounds like now. when i got my truck it had a weird setup with a huge fart can sticking out the back so i hacked it all off.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought a dynamax turbo muffler and just straight replaced my old one and from the burnout videos i have it sounds kinda like a bmw or some dohc euro inline 6. over all i love it!! i will try and find the video.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I bought a dynamax turbo muffler and just straight replaced my old one and from the burnout videos i have it sounds kinda like a bmw or some dohc euro inline 6. over all i love it!! i will try and find the video.
yeah, you're much more likely to get some kind of exotic sound out of our trucks than anything musclecarish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts