Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new cat back system from mbrp. Its a single pipe system that dumps out behind the rear wheel. My question is it required to cut your stock system in front of the muffler to remove it from the truck? I would rather keep it in one piece if I ever want to put it back on. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
I just received my new cat back system from mbrp. Its a single pipe system that dumps out behind the rear wheel. My question is it required to cut your stock system in front of the muffler to remove it from the truck? I would rather keep it in one piece if I ever want to put it back on. Any thoughts?

It's a a real PITA to get out if you don't have a lift.
If you do decide to cut it. Leave some length for a coupler.
Plus cutting it in half makes it easier for storage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you remove the spare tire it might come out in one piece. The problem is the bend over the rear axle, and the fact that the stock muffler is about the size of a 13 gallon trash can. Like Supermodulation said “it’s a real PITA”. I used a saws all and made a cut after the muffler and after the axle, never took the spare tire off.

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
I ended up cutting mine in a place where I could attach a bolt on coupler in case I ever needed to reinstall it. I've had my MBRP for 6-7 years now I wanna say and have been fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished installing my catback at lunch today. Took me 45 minutes total. Thing sounds great. Thanks for the help. Had to cut it twice and left room for couplers if I ever want to put the stock back on. Only cab drone is around 2-3k rpm. But the rug in my bed softens it right up. Sounds like a straight 6 now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts