Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Eveyone,

I have been looking into the market of upgrading my exhaust system on my 3.5l. I am look at something that I can get that is not loud but good in performance. I have had flow master's in the past. I would like to get some input on what is good for the colorado. Thanks for the help. steve05

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Performance wise you won't really notice any difference in exhaust choices. However, sound you will. Use the thread in the post above to get a better idea what your truck might sound like with different setups. Feel free to post in there about any questions you might have.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I highly recommend the GM Performance Parts Borla type 304 stainless exhaust systems because they are a straight through design and closest thing to exact factory fit.

Also they have more packing inside than all the rest and come with a lifetime warranty.

Closeout Price: Search

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious, what diameter is the piping? Would the system fit an 09 5.3?

I highly recommend the GM Performance Parts Borla type 304 stainless exhaust systems because they are a straight through design and closest thing to exact factory fit.

Also they have more packing inside than all the rest and come with a lifetime warranty.

Closeout Price: Search

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Just curious, what diameter is the piping? Would the system fit an 09 5.3?
It's the same size as stock 2.5-inch, only the mandrel bends are much nicer quality.

I suppose you could purchase two kits and have them TIG welded together for a V8 dual setup if you're good with fabrication.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Agreed on going with the GMPP cat back. Best sounding and no cab drone.

Had a magnaflow cat back exhaust sounded like crap and was total garbage after 3 years.

And borla mufflers are packed with 300 series stainless steel wool and wraped in a ceramic material. And the muffler and piping is full 300 series stainless so it will look great and perform great for a long time. And a million mile warranty is great also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also looking to get a new exhaust on my truck looking for a video clip of a 70 series flowmaster in a 3.5. If anyone has one or can find one would love to see it. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts