1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hello all, instead of paying a shop to make my exhaust piping, I would like to do it at home. I have seen on ebay this tube bender, but before ordering I want to be sure it will work to bend 2.5" stainless pipes??

1" to 3" Bench Die Bender Pipe Square Rod Bender | eBay

and

Large Tail Pipe Expander Automotive Exhaust Muffler Expander 2 1 8" to 3 1 2" | eBay

Anyone already tried??

Thanks for reply

To get good bends on exhaust tubing your going to need a mandrel bender to prevent crushing the sides. Problem is mandrel bends are not cheap by and shape or form. If I were you I would but some pre bent tubes and cut those to length. They sell packs of pre bent tubes at summit racing. Or jegs. Just select a size tubing and they send you what you need

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the trick James, going to order the bender and use some sand, I have plenty here on the beaches, lol

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
Ok thanks for the trick James, going to order the bender and use some sand, I have plenty here on the beaches, lol

Your not going to be able to make sharp bends like a mandrel bender but with some trial and error and pre-planning it will do the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts