Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, the last owner of my truck thought it would be a genius idea to completely sever the Wiring Harness in the REAR DOORS of my 05 Canyon. I was hoping someone might have a set they would be willing to sell. This harness is for each of the two Suicide doors on an 05 355 *Only 04-05 seem to be the same - thanks cart7881* to include the plug to go into the body harness, boot between door and main body as well as all the wires/plugs for the speaker, door ajar switch and seatbelt pretensioner. Let me know what you have guys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post edited. Thanks cart7881.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I'll look at some pinout diagrams tonight to see if the connectors are the same. If so, maybe the newer harnesses are just an improvement over the older ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, sir. I appreciate it. The wires that are cut in my harnesses are for the speaker and pretensionser. To make a good connection and have the right length, I'll have to have 2 solder points and I'm afraid that will screw up the AIRBAG system.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I think there have been several posts indicating that guys have successfully spliced those wires with good results. It probably wouldn't hurt to try. http://www.355nation.net/forum/elec...102114-electrical-issue-door-jamb-switch.html

I checked the pinouts/connectors for the five connectors involved with the harness. Starting with model year 2009 there was a change to the configuration of the seatbelt pretensioner connector. Other than that, all of the other connectors/pinouts remained the same. I don't know what, if anything else, changed. So it looks like 2004 thru 2008 harnesses would fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts