Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've got a set of mini fog-lamps and i'd like to hook them up in-line with my reverse lights that are already in the taillamps.

Question is, where should I tap into the reverse lights wiring for power? Should I do it before or after the harness? Should I ground with thier ground wire or should I ground elsewhere?

Also, if anyone has done this mod before please share your pics and experience with it, i'm doing this for a little change on the truck :)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I dont have any good information.

Im just really interested in this because I cant see anything at night with smoked tails and tinted windows!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put your windows down... lol.

I never understood tinted tails, I mean I get that it's for the look but the decreaded functionality makes it dumb IMO.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Put your windows down... lol.

I never understood tinted tails, I mean I get that it's for the look but the decreaded functionality makes it dumb IMO.
I do. I just would like a brighter light. I agree with the decrease of function

ability. I just look at it this way...Im lowered and sexy, but it rides like shit....my

tails are smoked and blow for visibility but they look sexy lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the look of smoked tails, but in fog or rain, I want the visibilty, so I won't put them on unless I find a way of being seen with them.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

As long as they are not to high powered, you just need to tap the green at the signal housing... black is daisy chained from light to light.

If they are high powered, I would suggest running a 12v Line from the batt, then tap the signal housing for a SPST(Single Pull Single Throw) Relay.

But for the lights I used ($20 at walmart) The stock wire is fine.

Sharpeye, Its not that hard to mask off the reverse light, thats what I did and now thats my turn signal.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts