Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
So, the I show up to grab the tonneau cover today and they tell me it will be easier if I just back into the driveway, no big deal.

Well after backing up, I hop out, walk around the back and grab the tailgate handle to pop it open.

As I pull the handle, I turn and start walking toward the guy as he keeps the tonneau cover from falling over, letting the tailgate fall.

Both him and his wife start to cringe as the tailgate should fall to a crash, but then have these massive grins come across their faces and they both start laughing as the tailgate slowly drops at a nice, comfortable rate.

Of course, the questions proceed to flow. Not about the truck, but about this here nifty device. He friggin loved it. So, you should be having an order come in from Louisville.

·
Ipaid hehe
988 Posts
I need to install a new shock. the seller nor the company tried to make contact with me about replacing the defective shock. blah

·
Registered
195 Posts
Question, does the bracket only fit on one side or is it interchangeable? I've got a swing case mounted on my driver's side and I believe it utilizes a part of the box that the bracket needs too.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
The bracket was designed to mount on the drivers side. The curved edge contours nicely with the body line in the tailgate and the slot that's cut for the bolt is offset.

Possible? Sure, but it won't be pretty. You'll definitely need to modify the bracket to use on the passenger side. You'd need to grind and/or file the bolt slot to get the bolt to line up and you'd also need to clearance the outside edge to get it to sit flush.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Damn it. I thought so. I don't want to destroy something that you made look/function perfectly for one side. I don't want to risk ruining it. Modifuck as I call it lol good luck with the sale of the remainders dude, slick lookin product

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
4th of July sale? lol
Good Idea! $35. Sale price is good for a week. (ends July 9th). Valid only in the continental US.

Do me a favor and paypal me the money as a gift, so I'm not stuck with the $1.46 paypal fee. If you're not comfortable sending the paypal as a gift, kindly add $1.46 to cover the paypal fees. (i.e. $36.46).
@FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Good Idea! $35. Sale price is good for a week. (ends July 9th). Valid only in the continental US.

Do me a favor and paypal me the money as a gift, so I'm not stuck with the $1.46 paypal fee. If you're not comfortable sending the paypal as a gift, kindly add $1.46 to cover the paypal fees. (i.e. $36.46).

@FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
Just sent payment. :D

Also just ordered the piston on amazon. Going to scuff it and paint to match.

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts
Just sent payment. :D

Also just ordered the piston on amazon. Going to scuff it and paint to match.
part# or linky? I think Im gonna get a bracket too and would rather not buy the whole kit from the other website.

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts
Thanks! @FrEaK_aCcIdEnT and Payment Sent! @rshadd
Awesome Discount, Awesome People, Awesome Mod, Everyone have an Awesome weekend!

Awesome.

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts
I Absolutely LOVE that movie....

and I only need to spend $5 to skip the $12 Shipping.. hmm.. orrrrr.. Rich had the glovebox mod.. and it was $15.. now to find THAT part number LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts
LOL I found it, I had amazon prime and loved it! but didn't use it enough and never even checked out the movie side of it. (I use Netflix/hulu) so maybe it is worth it with that and whatever else. I do know that I miss the 2day shipping on ERRRTANG!

Glovebox Dampener GM Part# 15844950

for anyone else who might want to look it up.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.