Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 GMC Canyon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I’m looking to put a Fabtech 3 inch spindle lift on my 2005 Canyon, the kit comes with rear shackles and I was wondering if anyone else is running this on their vehicle and if it levels the truck out or if there’s still some rake.

·
Registered
2005 GMC Canyon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did your lift turn out? I am considering one just not sure which one, how it looks, etc....
Haven’t gotten around to getting it yet because of this whole virus situation but as of now I’m only running 2 inch coil spacers to level out the truck until I can get around to the spindle lift.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Haven’t gotten around to getting it yet because of this whole virus situation but as of now I’m only running 2 inch coil spacers to level out the truck until I can get around to the spindle lift.
i have a 07 2wd with 3'' spindle and the 4" shackle and AAL ( leafs are a bit weak )

this is with oem 225/75/15 tires after the lift.

after with 31x10.50x15

·
Registered
2005 GMC Canyon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that’s the shackle that came with the kit or did you buy a different shackle? When I go on the website for the spindle lift it doesn’t list the size of the shackle so I’m just curious. By the way, nice truck! love the wheel and tire setup.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So that’s the shackle that came with the kit or did you buy a different shackle? When I go on the website for the spindle lift it doesn’t list the size of the shackle so I’m just curious. By the way, nice truck! love the wheel and tire setup.
i bought my kit used and didnt have the shackles since the guy fliped the axle and put the leafs on top instead of under. also you have to lower your center bearing if you have one, extend the front calipers brake hose, also you need wheels spacers (1.5") if you dont have 0" offset wheels like mine. (i got procomp 15x8, super cheap and gives a sick look) and yeah gotta have some K02 with the white wall :cool:

ps: for the shackles i had to cut and replace the rear frame and leaf bushings with 4 new bolts.

thanks buddy and good luck. all i can say it alot of work to lift 2wd.

·
Registered
2005 GMC Canyon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought my kit used and didnt have the shackles since the guy fliped the axle and put the leafs on top instead of under. also you have to lower your center bearing if you have one, extend the front calipers brake hose, also you need wheels spacers (1.5") if you dont have 0" offset wheels like mine. (i got procomp 15x8, super cheap and gives a sick look) and yeah gotta have some K02 with the white wall :cool:

ps: for the shackles i had to cut and replace the rear frame and leaf bushings with 4 new bolts.

thanks buddy and good luck. all i can say it alot of work to lift 2wd.
Oh yeah, lots of questions to be asked and so few answers lol. It’s especially hard for me since I don’t have a torsion bar suspension, I have a coil spring suspension so it’s not as simple as cranking the bars for some cheap lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 06 2wd with the coils as well, I did a 3” coil spacer and a 3” shackle in the real it all sits even, but the coil spacer makes the ride a little stiff

·
Registered
2005 GMC Canyon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an 06 2wd with the coils as well, I did a 3” coil spacer and a 3” shackle in the real it all sits even, but the coil spacer makes the ride a little stiff
I’m thinking of using a 3 inch spindle lift kit and keeping my 2 inch coil spacer to get a total 5 inches of lift. I’ve gotten pretty used to the stiff ride with only my coil spacer so I’d imagine it shouldn’t be too much worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts