Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 07 Colorado and I wanna run an aux input for my droid phone on it, I'm strapped for cash right now so what would be the cheapest route? Its the CD player radio without xm been looking at other threads but I keep getting confused on what to buy lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not planning on running any aftermarket stereo, plus I want it to look clean and stock

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
There are iPod support modules but I don't think anything for non apple specifically.

PacAudio makes the device. It support AUX, but it comes fro the headphone jack of your music devices (that are non apple).
I had one, works well. Low on volume, but clean sounding. I don't use it now - I ended up replacing the HU instead.

I think the device is like $140. However without iPod integration, I think the AUX only device is cheaper but I don't remember for sure. It's been a couple years since I've been in the market.
Look them up, see what you can find.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know the part number on the PAC piece? And on my cousins c5 Bette we just tapped into the factory CD player wires could this not be done on a colly?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I can't remember for sure. I think ISGM575 was the part I used. There is another one that does not have iPod support, just AUX. I don't know that number. It's on their web site, you'll have to look up the products and/or give them a call and tell them what you want to do. They were helpful for me.

I think it is actually made by iSimple, sold by PacAudio. I forgot that yesterday.

I don't know of any way to hack the wiring to make it work. Worth a try if you're willing to start cutting wires.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Do you know the part number on the PAC piece? And on my cousins c5 Bette we just tapped into the factory CD player wires could this not be done on a colly?
Exercise caution with the radio wiring, not to mess with either of the two purple wires. They are Class 2 Serial Data circuits. Cutting/tapping into those could cause some problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts