Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good headlight assembly replacement for 2010 colorado?
I am on my second set and around 2 years they fog/fade ect. Even after applying headlight restore!
"which didnt work"....

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I fought the same battle and ended up just buying cheap assemblies from Amazon.

I replaced them about a year ago and they’re still leak free and look new.

I would say OEM is best but the cheap ones are pretty good for my needs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats where i got the second set from. They are worse than the originals. This is a horrible flaw in these trucks! Both sets i put in leaked even after i sealed them lol

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
What did you seal them with? Did you use the flowable sealant? I did with decent luck. It flows down into the seams. I did mine off the truck so that I could position the assemblies so that the sealant would flow in the correct direction.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not just a problem with leaking it is also the lens itself. Its just a cheap design and materials. I used a clear silicone from Ace hardware in a small tube!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did you seal them with? Did you use the flowable sealant? I did with decent luck. It flows down into the seams. I did mine off the truck so that I could position the assemblies so that the sealant would flow in the correct direction.
Did you run the sealant all the way around the assembly? I ordered this flowable sealant, i will give it a try!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fought the same battle and ended up just buying cheap assemblies from Amazon.

I replaced them about a year ago and they’re still leak free and look new.

I would say OEM is best but the cheap ones are pretty good for my needs.
I did notice that the replacement lights come from different countries, my last set came from Mexico and the newer set came from China!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a new set off rock auto. Applied rtv between the plastic housing and lenses. Haven't had an issue yet.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I did the same as Sorcin, only I bought the flowable sealant from ORiellys. Actually, I have replaced every light housing (DRL, headlight, and taillight) on my 2010 with rock auto parts. Sealed each one on the bench first before install. All the factory originals failed on my truck because of moisture getting in behind the lens. Just poor quality and workmanship from the start.

·
Registered
400 Posts
We just polished up the original lights on my fathers 2010 today with 436,000 km. I did them a few years back with Mothers headlight restoration kit. This time we had to sand them staring with 240 grit paper and work our way up then used Meguires headlight restoration kit and lense sealant. They turned out really well. Took about 2-3 hours to do and left them installed in the truck.

·
CALI BOSS
6,304 Posts
When you get your new lights, install self-healing clear paint protection film on the lenses. They'll prevent the lenses from oxidizing which is the hazy coating you see

1 - 14 of 14 Posts