Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lo Pro QT tonneau I got with my truck is beat. I found someone with a factory tonneau for sale cheap. Anyone that has one can you tell me about it? How it mounts, how it seals, the cross bars, etc...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I bought the OEM Tonneau off a 2012 Z71. Looks nice, and has an extra crossbar compared to my Lo Pro QT. Problem is there is a sliding latch that's broken in the left rail but I can't find any reference to it. All I see is a different sliding latch that is in the rear crossbar. Anyone have any experience with this? It *could* be an upgrade but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have one on my 2011, love it, it mounts with clamps to the bed rail, has foam to go between the rails and the top of the bed, has 3 cross bars in the middle, I did see a parts break down that you can get individual parts from GM for it.

It has a spring loaded release on the left rear panel to release it for rolling up

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi BFisher, is the latch in the side rail and moves forward and back, or is it in the rear cross bar and slides sideways? Either way, could you possibly get a pic of it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi BFisher, is the latch in the side rail and moves forward and back, or is it in the rear cross bar and slides sideways? Either way, could you possibly get a pic of it?
I'm thinking it's in the end rail, I'll take a pic for you tomorrow, it's dark now LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks BFisher, those pics spell it all out. Mine is setup is different but that latch MIGHT work. Here's a pic of my broken latch where you can see the missing plastic, and my crossbar with the channel like you have but not totally covered. If I remove my broken latch, your style latch might still work for me.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts