Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to do the DJM 3/4 Drop, but really enjoy the look of my factory 5-spoke 16" alloys.

Shiny.

Unfortunately, they're wrapped in 235/75/16 tires. Factory recommended size is 215/70/16.

What tire size would be fitting for my car on the factory 16" wheels with a 3/4 drop...
I was thinking 215/60/16. Small enough, but not too small. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am running my factory 15" wheels on my 08 with 235 75 15. I've got the 3/4 drop and coilovers down another 1" on driver 2" on passenger to correct lean. They tuck nicely and look decent on the truck. I would say you will want something like a 235 65 16 which would let you sit about the same height as my 15" wheels with a 75 series tire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out my pics in my profile and that will give you a ballpark of where you'll be at a 4/4 drop of course 3/4 will not be as low in the front.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm rocking 15 inch wheels, just to give you some ideas of tire sizes, mine are 245/60/15s. I have a 4 inch all round drop. The size you were thinking about running, (215/60/16) compared to my size I am running, are about little less than a half an inch smaller overall diameter than my tires and wheels. So I think it'd look good. Keep in mind though, the recommended size compared to your size now, when you go 50mph, your actually going about 55. The recommended size compared to the one you want to run, when you go 50mph, you'll be doing about 45ish, respectively. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm rocking 15 inch wheels, just to give you some ideas of tire sizes, mine are 245/60/15s. I have a 4 inch all round drop. The size you were thinking about running, (215/60/16) compared to my size I am running, are about little less than a half an inch smaller overall diameter than my tires and wheels. So I think it'd look good. Keep in mind though, the recommended size compared to your size now, when you go 50mph, your actually going about 55. The recommended size compared to the one you want to run, when you go 50mph, you'll be doing about 45ish, respectively. :thumbup:
I'm looking for a decently priced tire option as well, for future purposes.
What about 215/65/16? I can source those locally for around 60 bucks a tire...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm looking for a decently priced tire option as well, for future purposes.
What about 215/65/16? I can source those locally for around 60 bucks a tire...
The difference between the 215/65s and 215/60s I feel like wouldn't make that much of a difference. I think that that would be your best bet if you can get them for 60 a pop. Hell of a deal. Mine were 85 a piece. Working at a full service shop has its advantages!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
damm small tire and awful cheap, are they at least speed rated ? are they smaller
than stock size ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
love your truck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts