Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a request from a local member to build a sub box for his crew cab. It will house a single 10 and sit on the floor between the back seat and console. The airspace should come out to about .75 cu/ft. There should also be room for a sub with over 7 inches of mounting depth. I cut out enough materials to build 2 additional boxes so if anyone is interested hit me up.

Here is what I accomplished on Sunday evening:

Last night I wrapped the box in cloth and applied resin. I should start laying some glass tonight. I'll post up more pictures tomarrow.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We agreed to $250. I wish I had some new pics to post up, but I haven't done much else. I'll be working on them tonight and you will get a better idea of what it will look like.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol! You guessed it, just paper. Its actually a file folder. I used it to take the arch out of the front of the enclosure. If I would have left it arched the magnet for the sub would not fit (learned this from a previous mistake, had to trash the box).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll show you what it will look like when I'm finished building it. Its hard to take a picture of the final product before its done.:D And yes its for a crew cab.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Sahweet. Where do you buy your supplies? Any chance you will do a detailed write up someday of the process and materials used? I would like to experiment with this someday...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like to use US Composites resin. It's good shit, but I don't know where to buy it local. I usually order it from here: http://www.shopmaninc.com/epoxy.html
I ran out of it last night so the inside layer will be done with some elcheapo Bondo resin from Home Depot. It's not as good as the US Composites, but it gets the job done. If you just want to play around with it you can get everything at Home Depot. I would like to take picture while I'm mixing and applying the layers, but the camera would probably get stuck to my gloves. Pam works great to keep yourself and your tools from sticking together.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I didn't get all 3 done, but here is an idea of what it will look like in the end. Still needs another coat of paint and install the speaker terminals.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
if i had a CC id be all over it. good job

1 - 20 of 41 Posts